Friday, April 7, 2023

The Opening of the Soo Locks


 You know it’s spring when the freighters glide in and out of the Soo Locks in Sault Ste. Marie again. They don’t run through the locks January 15 through March 25. Sault Ste. Marie, or the Soo as we call it up here, is about a 40 minute one-way trip for us and sits on the Michigan/Canadian border. The locks run between the US and Canada. Ontario, Canada also has a Sault Ste. Marie across the River from us.



 
I like to memorize the stacks of the ships to see which company it represents on our Great Lakes. I’m sure I’ll be talking more about the ships. You might just call me a “freighter junkie”! This freighter runs for the Canadian Steamship Line. 

Ships Ahoy!
~D

1 comment:

  1. Yes it was very interesting to see how the locks work when we went with you two 👍👏

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting!