Thursday, March 21, 2024

Road Trip To St. Ignace, MI


Recently, Steve and Hank and I took a quick road trip to St. Ignace. Steve needed a vehicle part from an auto parts yard. It was a beautiful day, so I grabbed my camera and off we went.

We stopped on a Lake Huron beach. Out yonder is the world's fifth-longest suspension bridge - the Mackinac Bridge. The c is silent so you say mackinaw for mackinac. On the other side of the bridge is Lake Michigan. So here you can see two of the five Great Lakes in one stop!

I'm looking southwest. To the left is the lower peninsula and to the right (which you can't see and I'm standing on) is the Upper Peninsula. The bridge extends roughly 5 miles across.


Cars and trucks heading to the UP.


My Gang


Behind Hank are the islands of Bois Blanc and Round Island. 
You can barely make out the Round Island Lighthouse.



That huge white building is the spectacular Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island!! I've been blessed to stay there a couple of times with my mom and every moment is literally grand!!










There is so much beauty up here in the UP!


1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. Enjoyed your blog

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting!